HEATWAVE Sports is a recreational sports program for kids aged 4 through grade 8. This is a non-competitive environment and a great way to introduce your children to new sports or let them play “just for fun.” The atmosphere is like that of a neighborhood get-together.
Benefits of Sports
- Builds Confidence
- Improves Teamwork
- Improves Personal Responsibility
- Improves Problem-Solving Skills
- Boosts Self-Esteem
JOIN HEATWAVE SPORTS
HEAT CROSS COUNTY & TRACK AND FIELD
BENEFITS OF CROSS COUNTRY
Cross country running offers a range of benefits for kids, both physically and mentally. Here are some of the advantages:
- Physical Fitness: Cross country running is an excellent cardiovascular exercise. It helps improve endurance, stamina, and overall physical fitness. Regular participation in cross country can lead to better heart health, improved lung capacity, and enhanced muscular strength.
- Healthy Lifestyle: Engaging in cross country encourages a healthy lifestyle. It promotes regular exercise, which is crucial for maintaining a healthy weight, reducing the risk of obesity, and developing lifelong fitness habits.
- Mental Health: Running is known to release endorphins, which are often referred to as “feel-good” hormones. This can help reduce stress, anxiety, and symptoms of depression. Additionally, spending time outdoors and connecting with nature during cross country runs can have a positive impact on mental well-being.
- Discipline and Commitment: Cross country requires dedication and discipline. It teaches kids the value of consistent training, setting goals, and working towards them. These qualities can be applied to various aspects of life, including academics and personal development.
- Teamwork and Camaraderie: While cross country is an individual sport, it also fosters a sense of teamwork. Runners often train together, support each other during races, and celebrate each other’s achievements. This camaraderie can lead to lasting friendships and a sense of belonging.
ABOUT THE TAMPA BAY HEAT CROSS COUNTRY PROGRAM
Runners Kindergarten-12th Grade are encouraged to join our running community! Most practices include all ages, so this is a great sport for the entire family. HEAT parents join the fun too and get in their morning exercise during practice time. We offer both fall and spring cross country for K-8th, high school cross country in the fall and MS/HS Track and Field in the spring.
Come Join Us
ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
The HEAT has a large Archery program. It is comprised of Intro and Advanced Classes. We also offer a yearly Summer Archery Boot Camp. Our program is for kids aged nine and over. HEAT provides all equipment, and Archery practices are at the Presbyterian Church of Bloomingdale.
Kid’s archery classes are a fantastic way for children to learn a new skill while having fun and building focus and discipline. Safety is of paramount importance in our archery classes. Instructors will teach kids how to safely handle bows and arrows, including how to draw, aim, and release. They will also cover safety rules for the range. As kids gain confidence and skill, they’ll progress to more challenging classes. If you’re interested in enrolling your child in an archery class, sign up here.
Students will start learning the 11 steps of archery. Each week, they will have one step to focus on and start to master. These steps include things like aim and follow through.
Our advanced classes are separated into three groups depending on age (elementary, middle, and high). Students will have the opportunity to continue to master the 11 steps of archery while competing in local, state, and national competitions.
HEAT COMPETITIVE ARCHERY
We have had students place several times in Local Competitions. We are planning to hold a few local competitions ourselves this year.
We have had students place several times in State Competitions. We are the current State Champions. Student have received scholarships for their archery skills.
We have had students place in National competitions. Last year, we got the chance to travel to Kentucky and had some of our students place in the competition.
We have had students place in the world competition. Last year, we placed 22nd at Worlds.
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR PROGRAM
MEET OUR COACHES
Head NASP Certified Coach
NASP Certified Coach
NASP Certified Coach
NASP Certified Coach
NASP Certified Coach
NASP Certified Coach
TAMPA BAY HEAT CHEERLEADING
Unlock the Power of Team Spirit with Cheerleading!
Calling all students with a passion for athleticism, teamwork, and high-energy performances! Cheerleading is not just a sport; it’s a vibrant expression of team spirit and unity.
🤸♀️ Master Mind-Blowing Skills: From impressive tumbling passes to awe-inspiring stunts, our experienced coaches are here to guide you through every step. Build strength, agility, and confidence as you conquer new challenges!
👯♀️ Forge Lifelong Friendships: Cheerleading is more than just a team; it’s a family. Together, you’ll create memories, support one another, and form bonds that last a lifetime. Celebrate victories and overcome obstacles as one unstoppable force.
🌟 Boost Your Confidence: Stand tall, perform boldly! Cheerleading empowers you to step into the spotlight with confidence. As you master routines and dazzle the audience, you’ll discover a newfound belief in yourself.
🏅 Competitive Edge: Take your skills to the next level with our competitive cheerleading squads. Show off your talent on the grand stage, and who knows? You could be the next champion!
🎓 Balancing Act: We understand the demands of student life. That’s why our program encourages time management, academic excellence, and personal growth. Cheerleading isn’t just about the field; it’s about shaping well-rounded individuals.
Ready to be part of the cheerleading revolution? Come embrace the team spirit & cheer your heart out with us!
TAMPA BAY HEAT SWIM
Dive into the World of Youth Swim Sports
Swimming is not just a recreational activity; it’s a sport that provides a myriad of physical and mental benefits for children. From building strength and endurance to fostering a sense of discipline and camaraderie, youth swim sports offer a holistic approach to a child’s development. Explore the numerous advantages of engaging kids in swim sports and highlight how it can positively impact their lives.
- Physical Fitness and Health: Engaging in swim sports helps children develop strong cardiovascular systems, muscular strength, and overall physical fitness. It’s a full-body workout that enhances flexibility, coordination, and stamina. Regular participation in swim sports promotes a healthy lifestyle and reduces the risk of obesity, heart disease, and other health-related issues.
- Safety Around Water: Learning to swim is a crucial life skill that can save lives. Children who are proficient swimmers are better equipped to handle water-related emergencies and are less likely to panic in aquatic environments. This skill provides an extra layer of safety during family vacations, trips to the beach, or visits to pools and water parks.
- Building Confidence and Self-Esteem: Mastering the art of swimming instills a sense of accomplishment and boosts self-confidence in children. Overcoming challenges in the water builds resilience and a belief in their abilities, which transcends into other areas of their lives.
- Social Interaction and Teamwork: Swim sports offer opportunities for children to interact with their peers, fostering social skills and teamwork. Whether it’s practicing drills together, cheering each other on during competitions, or celebrating victories as a team, young swimmers learn the importance of cooperation and camaraderie.
- Setting and Achieving Goals: Progress in swim sports is often measured through achieving personal bests and milestones. This process of setting and attaining goals teaches children the value of perseverance, dedication, and hard work. It instills a sense of purpose and a belief in their own potential.
Engaging children and teens in swim sports offers a wide array of physical, mental, and social benefits. Beyond the confines of the pool, the lessons learned in swim sports translate into valuable life skills that your students can carry with them into adulthood. So, encourage your child to dive in, and watch them flourish both in and out of the water. The HEAT has both developmental and competitive teams for 5th-12th grade.
Ready to Dive In?
Teaching kids fencing can offer a range of physical, mental, and social benefits:
- Physical Fitness: Fencing is a physically demanding sport that improves strength, agility, coordination, and cardiovascular fitness.
- Motor Skills: Fencing helps develop fine and gross motor skills, including hand-eye coordination, balance, and precise movements.
- Discipline and Focus: Fencing requires concentration and discipline. Kids learn to focus on the task at hand and develop mental sharpness.
- Problem Solving: Fencing is often compared to physical chess. It requires tactical thinking, quick decision-making, and the ability to anticipate an opponent’s moves.
- Self-Confidence: As kids learn and master fencing techniques, their confidence and self-esteem can grow. They gain a sense of accomplishment from achieving small goals.
- Sportsmanship and Respect: Fencing emphasizes respect for opponents, coaches, and the rules of the sport. It encourages good sportsmanship and fair play.
- Goal Setting and Achievement: Fencing offers a structured environment where kids can set goals, track their progress, and work towards achieving higher levels of proficiency.
- Emotional Regulation: Fencing can help kids learn to manage their emotions, including frustration and disappointment, in a controlled and competitive environment.
- Safety Awareness: Through proper instruction, kids learn about safety precautions and how to handle equipment responsibly.
- Social Interaction: Fencing provides opportunities for kids to meet and interact with peers who share a common interest. It can help build friendships and a sense of belonging.
- Lifetime Sport: Fencing is a sport that can be practiced throughout one’s life, providing a foundation for a lifelong commitment to physical activity.
- Cultural Appreciation: Fencing has a rich history and is practiced worldwide. Kids can learn about the cultural and historical aspects of the sport.
- Scholarship Opportunities: For those who excel in fencing, there may be opportunities for scholarships at universities or even future competitive opportunities.
- Stress Relief: Engaging in physical activity like fencing can be a healthy outlet for managing stress and reducing anxiety.
Overall, fencing offers a well-rounded set of benefits that contribute to a child’s physical, mental, and social development. It can be a rewarding and enjoyable activity for kids of various ages and abilities.
TAMPA BAY HEAT KARATE
Karate lessons offer a unique blend of physical activity, mental discipline, and character development. These lessons provide a safe and structured environment where students can learn valuable life skills while having fun. Explore the key elements that make karate lessons a transformative experience.
- Foundations of Karate: Karate lessons begin with an introduction to the fundamental principles of martial arts. This includes learning basic stances, strikes, and blocks. Through repetition and guidance from experienced instructors, student gradually build a strong foundation in karate techniques.
- Safety and Respect: Safety is paramount in karate. Students are taught how to perform techniques safely, both in practice and in controlled sparring situations. Moreover, they learn to respect their fellow students, instructors, and the art itself. This fosters a positive and supportive learning environment.
- Progression and Belt System: The belt system in karate serves as a tangible representation of a student’s progress. Starting from a white belt, students work their way up through different colored belts, each signifying a higher level of proficiency. This system instills a sense of achievement and encourages them to set and accomplish goals.
- Physical Fitness and Coordination: Karate lessons are designed to enhance students physical abilities. Through a combination of drills, exercises, and dynamic movements, students develop strength, flexibility, and coordination. These skills contribute to their overall fitness and well-being.
- Focus and Concentration: Karate requires a high level of mental focus. Students learn to concentrate on specific techniques, respond to instructions promptly, and maintain awareness of their surroundings. This mental discipline translates to improved academic performance and better problem-solving skills.
- Self-Defense Skills: Practical self-defense techniques are a central component of karate lessons. Students are taught how to protect themselves and others using controlled movements and effective strategies. This knowledge instills a sense of confidence and empowerment.
- Character Development: Beyond physical skills, karate emphasizes the development of strong character traits. Students learn values such as perseverance, humility, integrity, and resilience. These qualities serve them well in their personal and academic lives.
Karate lessons offer a comprehensive approach to a child’s physical, mental, and emotional development. Through structured training, supportive instruction, and a focus on character building, students not only become proficient in karate but also gain valuable life skills that will serve them well into adulthood. Enrolling your student in karate lessons can be a transformative experience that lays the foundation for a lifetime of personal growth and success. Tampa Bay Heat has students from age 5-adults participate in this program year round.
TAMPA BAY HEAT GYMNASTICS
Embark on a Journey of Grace and Strength
Gymnastics is a mesmerizing sport that blends artistry with athleticism, offering children an opportunity to explore their physical capabilities in a dynamic and creative way. Our gymnastic classes provide a nurturing environment where children can develop strength, flexibility, coordination, and self-confidence. Delve into the some of the benefits of enrolling your child in our gymnastics classes.
- Physical Fitness and Coordination: Gymnastics is a full-body workout that helps children build strength, flexibility, and coordination. Through a series of exercises and routines, kids develop muscle tone, balance, and agility, laying the foundation for a lifetime of physical well-being.
- Boosting Confidence and Self-Esteem: Mastering new skills in gymnastics is a powerful confidence builder. As children progress and achieve milestones, they gain a sense of accomplishment and belief in their own abilities. This newfound confidence extends beyond the gymnasium, positively impacting various aspects of their lives.
- Discipline and Goal Setting: Gymnastics requires a high level of discipline and dedication. Kids learn to follow instructions, practice diligently, and set goals for themselves. This discipline translates into improved focus, time management skills, and a strong work ethic.
- Enhanced Flexibility and Range of Motion: Gymnastics training includes a variety of stretches and exercises that promote flexibility and improved range of motion. These benefits not only contribute to better performance in gymnastics but also reduce the risk of injuries in other physical activities.
- Creativity and Artistic Expression: Gymnastics is a unique blend of athleticism and artistry. Children have the opportunity to express themselves through choreographed routines, showcasing their creativity, musicality, and interpretation of movement. This artistic aspect of gymnastics fosters a love for self-expression.
- Social Interaction and Teamwork: Our gymnastics classes include activities and exercises that encourage interaction with peers. Children learn to support and motivate each other, fostering a sense of camaraderie and teamwork. These experiences build valuable social skills that extend beyond the gym.
- Cognitive Development: Gymnastics challenges the mind as much as the body. Learning new routines and sequences requires mental focus, memory retention, and problem-solving skills. This cognitive engagement contributes to improved academic performance and cognitive development.
Enrolling your child in our gymnastic classes is a transformative experience that offers a wealth of physical, mental, and emotional benefits. Beyond the impressive physical feats, gymnastics instills discipline, confidence, and a love for movement and expression. It lays the foundation for a healthy and active lifestyle while nurturing important life skills that will serve your child well in the years to come. So, let your child embark on this journey of grace and strength, and watch them soar to new heights. Tampa Bay Heat offers both Beginning and Intermediate Programs through out the year.
TAMPA BAY HEAT TENNIS
Tennis is a dynamic sport that not only offers physical benefits but also cultivates important life skills in children. Our tennis lessons provide a structured and engaging environment for young players to develop their skills, foster sportsmanship, and promote a lifelong love for the game. Explore a few of the benefits of tennis for our students below:
- Physical Fitness and Coordination: Tennis is an excellent cardiovascular workout that promotes agility, speed, and coordination. Through drills, rallies, and matches, kids develop strength, endurance, and fine-tune their motor skills, contributing to overall physical fitness.
- Hand-Eye Coordination and Focus: The fast-paced nature of tennis requires keen hand-eye coordination and a high level of focus. Kids learn to track the ball, make precise shots, and react quickly, which not only improves their performance on the court but also translates to enhanced concentration in other areas of life.
- Sportsmanship and Fair Play: Tennis places a strong emphasis on sportsmanship and fair play. Children learn the importance of respecting opponents, following rules, and demonstrating good sportsmanship, whether they win or lose. These values are integral to their personal growth and development.
- Problem-Solving and Strategy: Tennis is a game of strategy and tactics. Kids learn to analyze their opponent’s movements, anticipate shots, and develop their own game plan. This promotes critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and the ability to adapt to different playing styles.
- Building Confidence and Resilience: Achieving success in tennis, whether through improved strokes or winning matches, boosts a child’s confidence and self-esteem. Moreover, tennis teaches resilience as children learn to handle challenges, setbacks, and pressure situations on the court.
Our tennis lessons offer a holistic approach to a child’s development, combining physical fitness, mental acuity, and character-building elements. The HEAT run tennis clinic seasons in the fall and spring at a local tennis club with a tennis pro leading instruction.
TAMPA BAY HEAT VOLLEYBALL PROGRAM
The HEAT has an active volleyball program. We believe in training up our younger athletes to prepare them for our competitive high school program. Many of our athletes compete in volleyball at the club level and our high school girls program has advanced to the FHSAA State Series on multiple occasions! In addition to teams, we offer volleyball clinics in the spring and a yearly summer camp.
Competitive Volleyball (4th-8th)
4th-8th grade athletes compete on co-ed teams in the Tampa Bay Christian Athletic League (TBCAL). The season runs August through October. Games and practices are during the week (usually 2 practices and 2 games). 4th-6th grade athletes play at 3:30 and 7th-8th grade athletes play at 4:30. We also offer a middle school girls only elite team.
High School Volleyball (Co-ed)
High school athletes (younger athletes considered for some sports based on experience) compete in the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA). The season runs August through October. Games and practices are during the week (2-3 practices and 2 games) and games are typically in the evenings. There is mandatory FHSAA paperwork that must be completed (with strict deadlines) for FHSAA athletes. This is due before the season begins.
High School Girls Volley Ball
We offer multiple levels of volleyball for high school girls. Our Freshman team is for younger players who are transitioning from the middle school level. Talented middle school girls may also try out for this program. The JV high school team is for girls who are still fine tuning their skills. They participate in games and tournaments during the season. The Varsity high school team is our most competitive team. Athletes train and compete at a high level and participate in multiple tournaments during the season.
HEAT Middle School Soccer
About The League
Heat Middle School Soccer is a part of the Tampa Bay Christian Athletic League, also known as TBCAL. This league has a mix of local Christian, Private, and Home Schools competing against each other in a competitive and honorable atmosphere. TBCAL has playoffs each year, with the chance to win a team trophy. We have had our teams win trophies before, and we celebrate their successes.
HEAT players are divided into two teams depending on grade level. JV is 4th-6th grade, and Varsity is 7th-8th grade. Our soccer teams may be Coed depending on the amount of players. We need more players for our teams! Soccer requires a lot of running, so it would be nice to build our team up to be able to switch out our players and increase our competitive edge. Though this is a competitive team, please remember we play with honor, and there will be no yelling at players, coaches, or referees.
HEAT Soccer runs for 6-8 weeks starting in September. Our practices and games are during the week. Each week we usually have 1-3 practices and 2 games, with no more than three meetings a week. JV games start at 3:30 p.m. and Varsity start at 4:30 p.m. We must travel for games, and the range varies in time but should be no more than 45 minutes as all teams in TBCAL are local. We are searching for a home field. If you know of good place, please contact our Middle School Athletic Director, Laura Osborne, at email@example.com
All of our coaches are parents who volunteer. We are in need of parents who will be willing to coach in the upcoming Fall Season. If you know the sport of Soccer and want to help our sports program thrive, please contact our Middle School Athletic Director, Laura Osborne at firstname.lastname@example.org
JOIN OUR TEAM
HEAT Middle School Flag Football
About the League
HEAT Middle School Flag Football is a part of the Tampa Bay Christian Athletic League, also known as TBCAL. This league has a mix of local Christian, Private, and Home Schools competing against each other in a competitive and honorable atmosphere. TBCAL has playoffs each year, with the chance to win a team trophy. We have had our teams win trophies before, and we celebrate their successes.
HEAT players are divided into two teams depending on grade level. JV is 4th-6th grade, and Varsity is 7th-8th grade. Our flag football teams may be coed depending on the amount of players. Flag football is a very competitive sport, and we have a lot of players try out each season. We will have to cut players based on skill level. Though this is a competitive team, please remember we play with honor, and there will be no yelling at players, coaches, or referees.
HEAT Flag Football runs for 6-8 weeks, starting in January. Our practices and games are during the week. Each week we usually have 1-3 practices and 2 games, with no more than three meetings a week. JV games start at 3:30 p.m. and Varsity start at 4:30 p.m. We must travel for games, and the range varies in time but should be no more than 45 minutes as all teams in TBCAL are local. We are searching for a home field. If you know of good place, please contact our Middle School Athletic Director, Laura Osborne, at email@example.com
All of our coaches are parents who volunteer. We are in need of parents who will be willing to coach in the upcoming Football Season. If you know flag football and want to help our sports program thrive, please contact our Middle School Athletic Director, Laura Osborne at firstname.lastname@example.org
READY TO PLAY?
HEAT Middle School Basketball
About The League
Heat Middle School Basketball is a part of the Tampa Bay Christian Athletic League, also known as TBCAL. This league has a mix of local Christian, Private, and Home Schools competing against each other in a competitive and honorable atmosphere. TBCAL has playoffs each year, with the chance to win a team trophy. We have had our teams win trophies before, and we celebrate their successes.
HEAT players are divided into two teams depending on grade level. JV is 4th-6th grade, and Varsity is 7th-8th grade. Depending on team sizes, we may have coed teams or single-gender teams depending on the number of players we have to participate each season. Though this is a competitive team, please remember we play with honor, and there will be no yelling at players, coaches, or referees.
HEAT basketball runs for 6-8 weeks in March/April. Our practices and games are during the week. Each week we usually have 1-3 practices and 2 games, with no more than three meetings a week. JV games start at 3:30 p.m. and Varsity start at 4:30 p.m. We must travel for games, and the range varies in time but should be no more than 45 minutes as all teams in TBCAL are local.
All of our coaches are parents that volunteer. We are in need of parents that will be willing to coach in the upcoming Spring Season. If you know the sport of Basketball and want to help our sports program thrive, please contact our Middle School Athletic Director, Laura Osborne at email@example.com