If you are interested in swim, please contact coach Teresa Beebe. She will answer questions about next year’s season, outline a voluntary summer plan to prepare your athlete for the season. Coach Teresa has an extensive background in competitive swim coaching and we are thrilled to have her lead our program! You can reach Coach Teresa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Practice location for 2022:
Brandon Sports and Aquatic Center (BSAC)
405 Beverly Blvd, Brandon, FL 33511
Tryouts for all swim teams will take place on Monday, August 1st at Brandon Sports and Aquatic Center.
- High school Tryouts 7:30 AM
- Developmental 8:00 AM
- tryouts only- no practice
Please register HERE if you are interested in swimming with HEAT!
This group is for rising 5th graders and any middle or high school swimmer that doesn’t want to compete. Swimmers will improve stroke technique and work on increasing fitness levels. Swimmers will NOT compete. Must be able to swim at least 1 length of both freestyle and backstroke. This is not a learn to swim class.
Practice on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9;00-10:00 AM August-late October at BSAC.
Season fees are $240 to cover coaching and pool rental.
JV and Varsity High School Team
6th-8th graders considered based on ability
Coach Teresa Beebe
There is mandatory FHSAA paperwork to participate in high school level sports that all high school aged and middle school swimmers wishing to try out for the high school level team must complete by July 28th!
MWF practices starting August 3rd from 9-11 AM at BSAC
Meets on Tuesday/Thursday afternoons/evenings August through late October
Season fees are $250 for JV (fewer meets) and $325 for Varsity. Swimmers will purchase individual team suits.
There is mandatory FHSAA paperwork that must be completed to participate in high school level sports. This must be completed and submitted before the first practice.
There will be an opportunity for assistance with FHSAA paperwork on July 21st from 8-10 AM at the Homeschool Resource Center. There will be an opportunity for paperwork assistance and for physicals (required to participate in high school level sports) on July 28th from 10:00 AM- Noon. Please contact Dr. April Lee at Spinedoc_34232@yahoo.com or 941-809-1706 to schedule.
Our FHSAA Paperwork Administrator, Angie Bailey will be at the meetings to answer questions, notarize forms and collect completed paperwork. Contact Angie with questions at 630.488.0031 or email@example.com
Coach Teresa Beebe is a homeschooling mom of a 14 year boy and has over 20 years of experience in the aquatic industry including coaching age group and adult swimmers, lifeguarding and serving as an Aquatic Director at 2 YMCAs. She moved here from Virginia in late 2015 where she had most recently served as head coach for a YMCA team for 9 seasons. She is an ASCA Level 2 Age Group and Masters Coach. She holds numerous other certifications in Aquatics and coaching through the American Red Cross and the YMCA
Here is important information if you plan to participate in a high school level sport with the Tampa Bay HEAT for the 2022-2023 School Year!
1. We need to know if you plan to tryout for a sport this year. This will help us plan for teams. Being on this list will help us make sure you have all required forms in to participate in the season so you don't miss the deadline! Due to FHSAA regulations, you may not try out for any sport until mandatory paperwork is submitted!
2. PAPERWORK- There is mandatory league (FHSAA) paperwork that must be completed before very specific deadlines for each sport season. The deadline for fall sports (Swimming, Cross Country, Girls Volleyball) is JULY 28th! If you have FHSAA paperwork questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
FHSAA Paperwork. Turn in all forms at one time with all signatures (parent and athlete), dates and notary requirements.
3. PHYSICALS- One of the requirements for high school sports is a physical within the last year. If your child has had a recent physical, you can take the required from (EL2) to your doctor and they may sign it for you.
Paperwork is due by July 28th for fall high school level sports (swimming, cross country, girls volleyball)
One form has to go to the county a takes a few days, so don't wait until the last minute!
Please make sure you register your child here if you plan to swim so we can check your paperwork status! Athletes may not tryout for any high school level sport until FHSAA paperwork is completed!